Why Choose a UC San Diego Pediatrician?
Top Doctors in Pediatrics
UC San Diego Health System pediatricians and adolescent medicine practitioners provide expert and compassionate care for infants, children and teenagers. All of our pediatricians and adolescent medicine physicians are board certified.
With access to internationally recognized specialists at Rady Children’s Hospital and state-of-the-art technology, we offer a complete range of services and coordinated care for your child.
Primary Care from Birth to Age 21
+ Expand All
Prenatal consultations – We are happy to meet you before your baby is born to help you choose a pediatrician.
Well-baby care – Immunizations, developmental screenings, circumcision, frenotomy (release of tongue tie), and care for babies with jaundice, feeding problems, and respiratory issues.
Same-day and next-day appointments for fever, respiratory or ear infection, rash, and other conditions.
Premature Infant Nutrition Clinic (PINC) - Helping mothers and their premature infants after NICU discharge to improve growth and nutrition.
Well-child and preventive care – Annual school and sports physicals, necessary immunizations to ensure your child can fight infections, developmental screenings.
Same-day and next-day appointments for infections, headache, injuries, gastrointestinal issues, urinary tract infections, and other conditions.
Coordinated expert medical care with pediatric subspecialties for children living with chronic conditions including cystic fibrosis, diabetes, congenital heart disease, asthma, gastrointestinal conditions, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, learning problems and more.
Young people age 12 to 21 have the option of continuing with their pediatrician or seeing an adolescent medicine doctor.
Our adolescent medicine doctors provide sensitive, expert care for the unique physical and mental health conditions in teenagers. Preventive care, acute care for when your adolescent is sick or injured, and coordinated care with specialists by referral. We also provide gynecologic care, including contraception.
These doctors work side by side with your adolescent when he or she is ready to transition to adult primary and specialty care.
We provide same-day and next-day appointments.
Pediatric Special Services
- Culturally effective communication – Our doctors recognize the importance of sensitive, accurate and culturally-aware communication with patients and families. At this time, members of our clinical team are fluent in English, Spanish, Japanese and French.
- Mental health services including in-clinic marriage and family therapists.
- Pediatric travel medicine – We provide necessary immunizations and advice to keep kids health during international travel.
- Complex care – Our pediatricians are a part of the Rady Children’s Hospital Special Needs Clinic at UC San Diego. This clinic is the primary care medical home for children with complex, multi-organ system conditions. From this clinic, care is coordinated throughout numerous pediatric subspecialties.
- Care of foster children and foster youth – providing comforting, knowledgeable medical care for children in the foster care system in San Diego County.
Based in Kearny Mesa, two blocks from Rady Children’s Hospital, San Diego, our award winning clinic building is just off the 163, next to a parking tower. Our proximity to Rady Children’s Hospital ensures smooth, rapid transition to the hospital when necessary.
View map and directions